Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new here. :tiphat Thanks for all the great info, there are a lot of things I picked up that will help with my TB ownership.

Now for my question. Does the TB shutdown the A/C if it determines a significant towing load? My wife and I were towing a 5x8 enclosed trailer camping this past weekend and the A/C would not work. Compressor would not even engage. We had approx. 3,000 lbs (camping with 4 kids & 4 days takes a lot) including trailer weight and no A/C. Midway home, we stopped to eat and I check fuses, relays, etc. and all were fine. I've, got a leak I thought, and was going to check it out during the following week at home.

My wife drove to work the next moring and the A/C worked fine and has been working fine for the last 4 days?? I checked anyway and could not find any visual evidence of leaking around fittings, connections, etc. So, should I have a diagnostic check at a garage or just leave it?:undecided I don't have the great tools to do it myself.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not at all, it towed great. Even for just the 6 banger, no lugging up/down hills, ran smooth and pretty much effortless. That's why I thought there was some automatic shutoff to keep it from working too hard once a specific weight was reached. Weird?:confused:

I'm gonna hook up the empty trailer tonight and see what happens.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Possibly a faulty low pressure switch on the a/c? - There was a TSB for that switch years ago, where when hot it may refuse to run. Turn off the vehicle and let it cool and it works properly again. - I believe the issue only affected '03 and '04 vehicles, but its been a while. If it does it again, try replacing the switch, it can be done w/o evacuating and recharging the system. (Its a closed design).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts