Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Phil, a 22 year old Master's student studying the Conservation Genetics of native freshwater mussels. I bent the frame of my '88 Buick Regal in December 08 and which led me to look for a new vehicle. I wanted something that had 4WD, 4 doors and a pick up to move all of my field gear in (most of which get real real wet) and coolers or bucket full of water. I began looking at pick up trucks, all GM products, of course, since my father worked for GM for 38.4 years then retired. I went to a dealer to look at a Colorado Crew Cab Z71, but it sold that day, but the dealer was like what are you looking for, so I described my work and what I was looking for in a vehicle. He said we have an Envoy XUV which has everything you want and more. Before I could say I wasn't a big fan of the Envoy's style, he took off and brought it up and showed me how the back end works with the retractable roof, it had A4WD and 4WD, it sat 5 comfortably and it had leather seats (a must for cleaning when you have muddy waders on). Right then I was sold. It is the perfect field vehicle for my line of work and can handle the off-road so nicely. It is a 2004 GMC XUV SLT 4WD (FULLY Loaded) Dark Green Metallic and it is the best invention ever: an SUV that is on a truck chassis, premium suspension, and a water proof cargo area that is perfect for aquatic ecology work and great for camping/sleeping in my vehicle!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Glad you found your ride.....welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
welcome to the site :tiphat

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
Welcome to the forum...sounds like you found the perfect vehicle for your application. Good field to be in...I dabbled with invasive freshwater mussel species in college.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, this is such a great idea for a site! I bet I can get a lot of questions answered!

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Hello and welcome.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts