Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Envoy XUV. The shuttles on the sunroof are broken and I got a replacement sunroof assembly from a used parts dealer. It appears in excellent condition. Before I go to all the trouble to drop the headliner and replace it, I thought I would test the mechanism of the replacement.

There is a six wire harness coming from the motor that goes to a connector. Can anyone tell me which colors are which function? The wires from the motor into the connector have 2 larger wires and 4 smaller. I assumed the larger are power and ground and the 4 smaller are control.

black (larger)
yellow/red (larger)
dark gray
white
blue
purple

I assumed that the black was the ground, the yellow/red was power and the 4 smaller were control wires going to the switches. I applied 12VDC to the black and yellow/red and tried touching various combinations of the others together to simulate switch actions but I got no response whatsoever. So either I'm wrong in my assumptions or I have a dead motor in the replacement unit. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
Here is what I have:

Pin Color Function
1 - Blk- Gnd
2 - Brn- Sw-Lo Ref
3 - Pur- RAP/ Switched 12v
5 - Wht - Sw-Open
6 - Yel/Red -Battery/ Constant 12v
10- Lt Blu - Sw-Close

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A big thanks to brojanjr and all the others on this board who post such helpful hints!!!

With the aid of the posts on this board, I was able to replace the sunroof assembly on my 04 Envoy XUV successfully in about 6 hours of work. That included pulling the headliner (the hard part), installing the new sunroof assy and then putting the head liner back in (also the hard part). The hardest of the hard was removing and replacing the sun visors but with the posts on this board (including photos) it was possible.

Thanks again to everyone! :):):):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is what I have:

Pin Color Function
1 - Blk- Gnd
2 - Brn- Sw-Lo Ref
3 - Pur- RAP/ Switched 12v
5 - Wht - Sw-Open
6 - Yel/Red -Battery/ Constant 12v
10- Lt Blu - Sw-Close

Good Luck.
What is the BRN- SW-LO REF meaning of or location where this wire needs to be hooked up please? I have a 2003 Chevy blazer and replacing the sunroof. The junkyard said the 04 Trailblazer was the same but the wires are different. I got the new one to work but I have a brown/white stripe wire not hooked up to anything but all functions still work. Do I need to still hook this wire up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts