Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of weeks ago I bought a new stereo system off amazon to replace my old bose one. When I got the new unit, me and a friend went straight to work on it and just started cutting the wires. We realized a couple wires in that the colors didn't match. We were able to find the wires to the battery and tried to connect them to the new unit to make sure everything would work, but nothing happened. When we would touch the 2 wires, all the gauges on the dash would start flailing around and the lights would go on and off. As of recently I have crimped the wires back onto the default harness and tried using a wiring kit, but still nothing. I was giving up on it so I decided to just try and install the original unit back in for the time being, but now that one won't turn on. There is nothing that pops up on the display when I turn the car on. When everything is connected, the engine will not crank when I try to start it, but when everything is disconnected, it starts up just fine. I have already check the radio fuse under the rear bench seat and it wasn't blown. I have made sure that the harness is getting power and made sure that all the crimps were secure. I believe it might be something related to the security but I have almost everything I could find for the actual stereo, but nothing for the security because I don't know for sure if that's the issue. Any advice to get the original unit back in or the new one installed would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a 03 ltz with bose and when i replaced my deck i could not get it to work so after some research come to find out the bose system uses a separate amp that is located in the rear cargo area… i had to remove that amp and install this long ass harness that reaches from the location of that punk ass amp to the head unit

this might be your issue if it is then yeah you can’t just use a simple harness or cut the wires and splice them back together that won’t work with the bose equipped trailblazers

also if you do remove the amp then you will lose chimes and stuff like that cuz all the chime sounds run thru that amp apparently cuz i lost all my chimes when i removed it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts