Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed plugs, cleaned throttle body, has a new fuel pump, new air filter.
I've had all kinds of issues with this POS.. First issues started a year ago, where it would just crank and crank and crank and I had to disconnect battery for awhile to reset computer. But now, it seems as though, It'll start fine if it sits for a long time. But if I start it up and go somewhere , shut it off and try to restart it wont start.. Almost like its getting too much gas or not enough.. If I pump gas that seems to help, so the wife said anyways..
Otherwise if runs and idles fine it seems...

also, My Instant mileage and Average mileage numbers are stuck on Zero now
as of two days ago.. I also have NO SOUND.. I think I blew my amp. I have an aftermarket JVC tried I put back in the Factory BOSE and still no sound..Radio works but NO SOUND... also, awhile back the CHIME started being REALLY REALLY LOUD!

The starting issue is my main concern at this moment..

Any hints... I'm working on getting a scanner as soon as the Engine light comes back on and scan it for codes...

ANYTHING would help me at this point...

2004 4.2 V6 SLT

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
You should check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Another possibility is the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS), it could be sensitive to temperature. If you change it, you need to do a relearn for it. I believe that can only be done with a high-end scan tool at the dealer or a shop equipped for it.
A high-end scan tool can also determine if this is a fuel or spark issue.

·
Registered
2004 chevy envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it was the the fuel pressure dont you think it would be harder to start after sitting for awhile vs starting right up?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Dear HENDUW875:

You prolly zortched your electronics by disconnecting the battery one time too many. If you (or the car) are still alive, then you've got some issues that might need professional intervention .... Tough Love Therapy would be a minimum.

You said "I've had all kinds of issues with this POS." ..... and therein lies the problem. (Couch time for you)
It KNOWS how you feel about it. (Couch time for it)
I'd guess it doesn't like you either. (Mutual hugs appear to not have worked)
It has now entered "Get even by failing to run" mode because of your disdain over it's minor idiosyncrasies. (Couch time in Couples Therapy for you both!)

My work is done here. On to the next zombie.................

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,040 Posts
I believe they need to seek couch time with KITT and Michael Knight.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Considering the fact that the OP has not been on this site since August, 2015 I doubt that he cares.
I know ..... therin lies the stinker .....

The problem with NOT closing these questions and the partial or incorrect answers in them just screws up the non-registered people who come here via Google.

Then they get bad info, no info or insulted by someone other than me.
So I hit the LOOKING FOR ANSWERS or words to that effect, and try to cap off these open requests so they don't misguide gullible people.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts