Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I've got a 2004 Envoy with the factory stereo (radio/cd, no bose or changer or anything), Infinity Reference Series 6 1/2" component speakers (with tweeters) in the front, and Infinity Reference Series 6 1/2" Loudspeakers (aka coaxial speakers, tweeter built into middle of speaker) in the back. When I play a CD and let the track play all the way through the passenger side front speaker makes a short crackle once the track finishes. If I skip to the next track there is no crackle, only when I allow the track to play all the way through. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Aslo, if anyone could link me any information on the factory stereo's auxiliary input, that would be great. I want to connect my Zune to the stereo, but I'm not sure what type of connection the stereo uses or where its located. Thank you to any and all who reply!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Strictly speaking, our factory head units do not have an auxiliary input. You need a costly adapter to provide that function. And based on the cost, you might as well get an aftermarket head unit, instead. You'll gain more features, and it'll sound better, as well.

As for the speaker issue, I see a few problems.

First of all, are you running those components off the factory head unit, without an amp? That is a big no-no. You're feeding very dirty, low-level power to them. Get an amp to drive them properly.

It has also been my experience that Infinity components are extremely harsh. That is why I tend to shy away from them. Perhaps these speakers are producing a sound (more efficiently) than the factory speakers did, and that may be why you hear the noise, now.

At any rate, a new head unit to give you better sound and ipod/zune functionality, as well as a proper amp to drive your speakers properly should greatly improve your trips and fix your noise problem, as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I probably will just end up installing an aftermarket deck. That was my original plan but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a larger issue before I bought one, such as a problem with the factory amp or a wiring/grounding issue. I want to install a double-DIN reciever, I don't really like the look of a single-DIN in a double-DIN space. Any suggestions on a quality, but not overly expensive reciever? I want external inputs for mp3, and USB would also be nice. Touchscreen and DVD playback are not neccessary, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if the price was right. Thanks again for the input and thank you to any who reply with suggestions.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
40 Posts
Ive got an eclipse 5435 and love it, you can pick these up rather cheap since theyre a couple years old now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SOUNDGATE GMZNAUX1 ZUNE™ AUXILIARY INPUT PACKAGE (FOR GM® VEHICLES)
SOUNDGATE GMZNAUX1 ZUNE™ AUXILIARY INPUT PACKAGE (FOR GM® VEHICLES)

ADDS ZUNE AUX INPUT INTO FACTORY SYSTEM
NO CONTROL OR DISPLAY OF ZUNE THROUGH THE RADIO
SIMPLE PLUG & PLAY
CLEAN INSTALLATION
FOR 2003 2007 GM VEHICLES

Manufacturer's Part No.: GMZNAUX1
Click here for Inventory Status and Shipping Calculator...
Sku: PT-SGTGMZNAUX1$87.47
Bought this at Buy.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts