Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 4.2 Envoy has 52K on it. I've only owned it for about 6wks. I'll list the issues below and hopefully I can get some suggestions on what to start looking at.

1. Poor acceleration. I don't think the acceleration is very good above 35mph, but it's especially noticeable accelerating from 55mph. The car lags when I hit the gas, and then take a few seconds to really start going faster.
2. Resistance: Often, it feels like my engine is getting a lot of resistance. The power seems inconsistent, almost feels like I'm driving into a strong headwind, even though I am not.
3. Shifting between gears seems off.
4. Vibration: At 50+mph, when I let off the gas and apply the brakes in heavy traffic, I feel the Envoy vibrating. Thought it might be the brakes, but when I take my foot off the brakes and coast, I still feel some vibration while the engine is slowing down.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I kinda feel like all these symptoms could be related.

Thanks for the help.
Matt

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
#1 sounds like a dirty throttle body. The rest, to me, sounds like a transmission problem. Is the fluid level OK? Does the fluid look brown/black or smell burnt?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will clean the throttle body and see what that does. Might change the spark plugs too.

I'll check the transmission fluid. It's time to change the fluid anyhow. Is there any chance that a fluid change can solve those problems? Seems strange to be having transmission issues with only 52k, but then again, I don't know much about them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My '04 4.2 Envoy has 52K on it. I've only owned it for about 6wks. I'll list the issues below and hopefully I can get some suggestions on what to start looking at.

1. Poor acceleration. I don't think the acceleration is very good above 35mph, but it's especially noticeable accelerating from 55mph. The car lags when I hit the gas, and then take a few seconds to really start going faster.
2. Resistance: Often, it feels like my engine is getting a lot of resistance. The power seems inconsistent, almost feels like I'm driving into a strong headwind, even though I am not.
3. Shifting between gears seems off.
4. Vibration: At 50+mph, when I let off the gas and apply the brakes in heavy traffic, I feel the Envoy vibrating. Thought it might be the brakes, but when I take my foot off the brakes and coast, I still feel some vibration while the engine is slowing down.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I kinda feel like all these symptoms could be related.

Thanks for the help.
Matt
i had a problem with #4 in my wife's toyota. turned out to be front brake calipers sticking to the rotor and causing friction/vibration. had the calipers rebuilt, problem solved. the car shook whether i was braking or coasting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.