Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello new here my 04 envoy has the self leveling which seems to work fine but i cant get the compressor to go on by the switch to fill things up it doesnt light up or flash i just purchased this envoy i checked fuses and relay under hood please let me know what to look for and if any one has a picture of an envoy from the front with window visor or brow tint pleae post a photo:thx

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Ive replaced my rear load leveling compressor twice myself.

This past time, the switch stopped working. I took the switch apart and tried jumpering it to no avail. I got under my truck and checked the wiring harnesses - no problems there.

If you figure it out, let me know.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The inflator switch has only three wires to the compressor assembly. Black is ground, tan is the indicator light, and red is the on switch.

So you can jumper red to black at the back of the switch, or measure continuity of each of the three wires from the switch assembly to the C2 (3-wire) connector on the compressor. Easy.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I called the dealership and the switch itself is $94. :crazy:
GM #15296435 for the archives. It's $66 at parts4chevys.com, but it's a dumb design with the switch hard-wired to the harness. If you kluged it together with a Radio Shack or parts store $5 switch, you could fix it for cheap. As long as the compressor works if you short out the two switch wires I mentioned earlier. But you said that didn't work for you, so I'm guessing your switch harness has some corrosion down at the compressor end and you have to disassemble things a LOT deeper to discover the root cause.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
I went ahead and bought the switch from gmpartsdirect :crazy:

This better be one reallllly good replacement, to be $55. Every time I press it, it better give me a compliment or spit out some cash or something :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.