Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site here and wanted to get strait to the point.

I saw on another thread that people were putting 275/35-24s on their Envoys and Trailblazers with no rubbing.

I would like to know if this is possible for my Rainier or do I need to go 275/30s, and even with the turning radius as far as it is will these tires still not rub? :confused:

Any help will be appreciated and Thank You very much ahead of time.

Stephen :thx

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Stephen,
The 275/30/24 tire is more than 6% larger than the overall diameter of the stock wheel/tire package. It is possible to calibrate the speedo so that it reads properly with the larger wheel/tire package, but your gearing will be taller as a result of the larger rolling diameter. A 255/30/24 tire is within ~1% of the stock overall rolling diameter and is what I have installed on my Trailblazer. To answer your question, the larger tire will fit without rubbing even lowered 2"/3" Belltech or 2"/4" DJM on a Trailblazer or Envoy so I'd have to assume you'll be fine on a Rainier, but I've never seen that done on the Buick before so I can't say for certain.

Tom

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
my 24's have a 255/30/24 tire and my speedo comes within 1 mph of my stockers....as for a rub, none at all! and i have a 2/4 drop.....you looking for a set of 24's?? mine are for sale with 450-500 miles on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.