Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine rocking (literally) more than usual. Just started during bad weather. The movement of the engine actually makes the vehicle rock back and forth. Especially noticeable in gear at idle (low) speed. Less noticeable at higher speeds. Also, engine seems to be low powered, not as much pick up accelerating. Looking for advice on what might cause this and how to fix it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Engine rocking (literally) more than usual. Just started during bad weather. The movement of the engine actually makes the vehicle rock back and forth. Especially noticeable in gear at idle (low) speed. Less noticeable at higher speeds. Also, engine seems to be low powered, not as much pick up accelerating. Looking for advice on what might cause this and how to fix it.
What codes are you finding, with your scanner ?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the advice. I buckled and took it in to a shop. They said it was motor mounts...an expensive repair. But they're very confident that is the problem. We'll see I guess. Thanks for helping out. I can let you know the result if you're interested.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I appreciate the advice. I buckled and took it in to a shop. They said it was motor mounts...an expensive repair. But they're very confident that is the problem. We'll see I guess. Thanks for helping out. I can let you know the result if you're interested.
Sure, we're interested in your repair to your problem. It may assist others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be very helpful. I notice a shimmy in mine every now and then. Feels more like a misfire or something though.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,570 Posts
Vibration or shaking at low RPM (idle) usually means worn out motor mounts. But that won't set the check engine light, that needs to be addressed as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts