Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 has about 90 thousand miles on it. The other day I was driving and the check engine light came on. I hooked up my scanner to it and it was giving the code for the thermostat. I changed the thermostat in it and now it went from running too cold to running way over 210 but not in the red. Ive checked my fan,water pump, I checked for the head gasket and its not that either. Anyone ever have this issue before? Please help:mad::mad:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Could be the Censor(that's why most change at same time with stat) but most people forget to bleed the system too and make sure the overflow is filled and all system has the right mixture of antifreeze too.Also the right stat that opens around 196.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did all that I went to napa today and got a bleeder bucket to burp the system. No air came out. I just went to advance and bought a sensor for it. Why would the sensor cause it to run hot?

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
If it's bad can give wrong reading to high or low or not move at all.If that's what you mean "run hot"! When you say "run hot" are you checking the temp with the gauge? in truck or with a thermometer?or see steam?Does the upper hose get hot a feel like water flow or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts