Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched it up, and I've found several accounts of what it could be. The most common that seems to be popping up is the throttle body is dirty needs to be cleaned. But there is another one with a coil? I have attempted to research how to fix that, but I cannot find anything about it. Could someone assist me with instruction on how to do it? Whether it's a video or just step by step instructions with some pictures? It would be very much appreciated.

I apologize if there is a post already about this in your forums. I just don't have the kind of cash to just throw it in a shop to fix it, and I'm trying to find the fastest way I can fix it. So any and all help is appreciated.

By the way, I probably should introduce myself. My name is Michael (Mike). I am a computer guy, so I'm not heavily mechanically inclined. I can do some base stuff, but more advanced things I need instruction. Thank you for any and all help.

P.S. in the prefix, it's only letting me select SOLVED, sorry about that.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
You have to take the throttlebody off the engine clean both sides specially underneath that you don't see that's why you have to take it off.have the battery disconnected while doing it and that will reset computer and adjust to the new settings.as for coil ,check the connection first ,then you can switch the one the computer says is bad to a different cylinder and see if the code fallows to that cylinder then you know that coil is bad if it stays the same one then check connections and go from there.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that if you disconnect the battery there is a moderate risk of HVAC actuators malfunctioning and needed replacement. I read that it's easier just to remove the PCM fuses (2)? Any verification of this?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Before you jump into replacing parts, you need to have the codes scanned. That will tell you the area that needs to be diagnosed.

Throttle body cleaning is a good idea to do every 10K -15K miles on the I6 engine since there is not real PCV system and oily residue tends to accumulate on the throttle body parts.

You don't say want kind of mileage you have. If you are over 100K it is time for new spark plugs, use only AC Delco 41-103's. The transfer case fluid needs to be changed every 50K miles, and the front and rear differential fluid at 100K.

Pulling the two PCM fuses will accomplish the PCM resetting. If the battery is to be disconnected, set all HVAC controls to full CCW or off positions. That should minimize actuator failure.

Nevermind about the transfer case, I noticed you have only 2WD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts