Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I have an 03 Trailblazer LT and the drivers side front door will not latch shut any longer. The latching fingers give easily and have no resistance, unlike the tension in the other working doors. I took off the door cover and fiddled with the rods and lock mechanism and lubricated the unit. The first time I did that it started working again for a few days and then failed again. A repeated attempt was unsuccessful.

I have identified the replacement part number for the assembly and priced it at $113 to $134 new. I would like to avoid paying that much if possible and will consider trying to find one at a junk yard.

Can this assembly be repaired? Is a failed actuator a possible culprit here?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Bruce

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Same issue here ...

'04 LS TB here, rear door will not latch shut. Tried lubricating, removing door panel to inspect for any thing obvious - no luck. Does anyone have an exploded door parts image or advice ???
My son is leaving for college up near the Canadian border next week and the door being held shut by bungee cords ain't gonna cut it when the temps get down to -20 and the snow is coming down. The expenses involved with school of course have pretty much drained the piggy bank for some time - not whining here, just why I have to try to fix myself.
I have some back yard repair experience but this electronic everything is a little daunting for me. I'm not sure if the latching 'motion' is electronic or mechanical either so any help/advice would greatly be appreciated !! Thank you ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.