Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious how'd everything go? New VVT solenoid make a noticeable difference? Did you check the compression? Was the cat clogged? Did new plugs and coil fix the #3 cyl issue? What'd ya decide to do in regards to transmission? And I just wanted to add keep an eye on your water pump, I was told if fan clutch is bad the water pump will soon follow and vise versa. I needed a new water pump and bought them as a set and just did them together.. There is a weep hole on the water pump that will slowly leak coolant out to indicate the pump is failing. Be aware of your coolant level and pay attention to any new fluid stains where you park and you'll catch it before it completely fails and you overheat, not a bad idea to toss a piece of cardboard underneath when you park for the night especially if it's unpaved. And check oil level often Ive noticed these 4.2L tend to burn oil.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.