Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is what has been done:
Replaced Fan Clutch a year ago (twice because the first one was bad within a month)
Replaced Radiator, hoses, clamps, cap (done this past week)
Water Pump replaced (Also replaced this past week)
Thermostat replaced last year (done before fan clutch because no one would listen to me when I said it was the fan clutch)

It has been getting into the upper 90s with high dew points and when in stop and go traffic the temp climbs to 230 or so. If I turn the air conditioner off it will drop back to 210 slowly.

I dont know if when the fan clutch was put in if the PCM was flashed or updated. I have an ODBII tool as well (use the Torque app)

What else can I check (or have checked) to see what is causing this? Also how can I check if the PCM was flashed.

Yall have all helped me tremendously in the past couple of years and I am grateful for everything. I will say she is around 276,000 miles but still trucking along.

Thank you for all your help and wisdom!!!!! :):)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
46 Posts
overheating

darksoulvv Did you check the radiator and overflow bottle caps. The radiator cap gets some kind of white stuff in the small valve in the cap and lets the pressure out, not enough to fill the bottle. I replaced everything that you did and as soon as i change those my temp stayed nomal, with ac on. 210
Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They replaced the radiator cap when they replaced the radiator last week. They didnt replace the overfill cap though (but there is coolant in it).

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
46 Posts
overheating

darksoulvv Did you change the temp sending sensor by the themostat, that operates the cooling fan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean the coolant temp sensor? I dont think it was. I will ask about that tomorrow. We are taking it back to where we had the fan done since it should still be under warranty. I am also think the wiring harness or the RPMs arent fast enough for when the truck is running in traffic

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
46 Posts
overheater

dark soul vv
The cooling sensor controls all of the functions for fan speed. Sometimes it may not be working 100% and will not produce a code,it kind of gets lazy like upstream 02 sensors when your gas mpg starts to get bad. The 02 has nothing to do with your problem. I hope this information helps. I went through the same thing your going through. I went and brought a infrared thermometer at harbor freight, there only like 17.00 dollars, and you can tell if every thing is working in your cooling system, tells you if rad clog, thermostate is working, if tranny is cooling. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts