Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All doors but drivers word with key fob. On drivers door when outside to open I have to hold key to unlock for handle to work. Inside I have to hold the unlock button above the handle over to open the door??? Actuator?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had my driver door apart again, as my tumbler to actuator link is in dismay, I can only get in with my FOB which is scary being keyless entry. After removing the panel, you can get a couple different views of whats going on in the door, if things are still together in there linkage-wise, (rods are metal, clips are plastic) it may be the actuator. In the actuator itself there are a couple tricky plastic linkages that do physically connect to the rest of the setup. My guess is the driver door gets shut/slammed the most and this stuff is fragile! I found multi packs of the rod-end "clips" at the local parts store, and there is a couple Ok vids on YT around this issue. Just protect your forearm somehow as mine is torn to heck from battling the akward positions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had my driver door apart again, as my tumbler to actuator link is in dismay, I can only get in with my FOB which is scary being keyless entry. After removing the panel, you can get a couple different views of whats going on in the door, if things are still together in there linkage-wise, (rods are metal, clips are plastic) it may be the actuator. In the actuator itself there are a couple tricky plastic linkages that do physically connect to the rest of the setup. My guess is the driver door gets shut/slammed the most and this stuff is fragile! I found multi packs of the rod-end "clips" at the local parts store, and there is a couple Ok vids on YT around this issue. Just protect your forearm somehow as mine is torn to heck from battling the akward positions.

I'm on my way to "Pull-A-Part and pull one apart o_O. Since all the rods seem to be working, I hope it's the act.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts