Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 EXT with rear a/c. The rear a/c only blows warm air. The front air blows really cold. I did some reading and is can someone tell me if it is some kind of valve sticking in one position? I read about a TSB that addressed this problem and I read somewhere else that it was this valve: GM part # is:
ACDelco part # is:
15-72972

Any help is appreciated.

-Brett

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
id really like to know my self.

all my switches work fine, they all light up. i get a/c in the front at any fan speed no problem. i have the manual temp controls, NOT digital, and NO rear radio controls.

every fan speed works in the rear. but the only way i can get the rear to pump out cold air is if i DONT set the front fan controls to the rear. even then the air isnt "cold", just considerably "cooler" then if i let the people in the back control the air. if i set the front switch to "R" the air temp in the rear is always warm, no matter the temp setting on the rear controls. on a side note, if you set the rear control to hot air, it comes out good and hot. so im guessing the heater core is fine.

i tried pulling the fuse in the rear fuse block. no better. and since the air blows at any speed, i know the blowers are all working fine.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
11 Posts
Same problem

Wow, my 05 EXT TB has the same problem. Everything works ok in front A/C, but the rear A/C, plenty of blowing that doesn't get cold, but neither hot. Only normal air comming from it. :duh:

Any suggestion?? I'm kind of a newby, First truck with A/C (I'm a motorcycle guy most of the time)

PS: My TB has the full digital A/C, with rear seat controls.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Pull the side panel that's hiding the rear AC unit and feel the pipes going to the AC evaporator. If the evaporator is cold, then the problem is in the temp actuator that sends airflow to the heater core or the evaporator.

Plenty of other threads discussing the rear temp actuator if you want to dig into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts