Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best performing, fit, finish, design and quality air system for these applications. MAC's larger intake opening into the Air Chamber is located directly behind the oem air intake opening in the front support panel. Being located in the oem location draws air from outside of the engine compartment. Designed with maximum filter clearance under the Air Chamber for the highest air flow possible. You will see a lot more gains with a complete tune & we recommend it.

MAC's system includes the following:

MAC's Big Mouth Filter (Lifetime Reusable)
Stainless Steel Clamps
Custom Silicone Hoses
Polished Stainless Steel Air Chamber
Mandrel Bent, Polished Stainless Steel Air Tube
Velocity stack designed especially for GM applications

15.7 Rear Wheel Horsepower on 2005 5.3 test vehicle 1.
14.2 Rear Wheel Horsepower on 2004 5.3 test vehicle 2.
15.4 Rear Wheel Horsepower on 2006 6.0 test vehicle 3.

On all tests AFR was adjusted to 12.6 to 13.0 maximum. Without AFR adjustment, deduct about 3-4 HP. With a good complete tune, this air system and an exhaust system, you can get as much as 27.3 RWHP gain. MAC systems flow more air than anyone else because of our specific designed velocity stack. Without a good tune on any air system, the motor will go leaner in the mid range under heavy load and at wide open throttle.

Available now for $249.50!!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
You'll need a tune for sure if you get one of these.
Plan is to buy an intake and then a tune :D :cool: :yes:

I'm going to do some traveling for work next month (IL,MO,KY) and I normally rent but I think I'll take the TB so I want to get it tuned first. That will give me a chance to log some highway miles and see the results plus the company will be buying the premium fuel. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts