Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 02 Trailblazer LTZ this week. I love this truck and i love this site even more. The truck didnt come with the manual so i was stuck trying to figure out the programable options, radio, everything. The tutorials on removing the headlights and grille are priceless.

Anyway, to my question. Have the 02 TB as i stated, has in dash-6 cd BOSE package, and the flip down dvd for the rear. Is it possible to play the movies audio on the trucks main speakers or do i have to use the wired /and or/ wireless headphones only.

Thanks
OffspringLTZ

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How too?

So you think it can be done. Awesome. With that said....do you know how to do it? The manual doesnt say much about the dvd player. Ive tried different things with the head unit as well as using the remote and just messing around. Still nothing.

Do you or anyone else know HOW to link the dvd to the head unit? Or perhaps link me in the right direction.

Thanks
OffspringLTZ

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
159 Posts
You should have a cd/aux button. When you press it once it should go to the cd and then if you press it again and should goto the dvd. I have the factory navigation and mine works that way. While on cd if I press it again it says RSE, rear seat entertainment.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so its been a couple months now that ive had the truck. still have never had any luck getting the dvd player to work with the head unit. wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

the cd/aux button ONLY turns on the cd player. nothing else. is it possible there are wires that are not connected? anything i can try? blows not having the ability to play the audio over the bose system instead of crappy headphones.....

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
159 Posts
Alright, so its been a couple months now that ive had the truck. still have never had any luck getting the dvd player to work with the head unit. wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

the cd/aux button ONLY turns on the cd player. nothing else. is it possible there are wires that are not connected? anything i can try? blows not having the ability to play the audio over the bose system instead of crappy headphones.....
The DVD player has to be on. If it is the stocker, when you switch through your inputs, RSE will show up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DVD player has to be on. If it is the stocker, when you switch through your inputs, RSE will show up.
Ok, ill give it another try this afternoon. Im pretty sure thats what i have been doing. Ive tried it in park and in drive.... are there any options? set up menu kind of things i can access through the remote that might have that option blocked perhaps? I dont know that i have explored that option yet

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
:undecided:m2: just a side note is the setting on the overhead set to output for the headunit or just for headphones.. cause it could be just set to only play through those..:bonk:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:undecided:m2: just a side note is the setting on the overhead set to output for the headunit or just for headphones.. cause it could be just set to only play through those..:bonk:
could you get me the steps for that? i just played with it for a good 10 minutes, pressed all applicable buttons on the remote, with both a dvd in and dvd out and could never get it to a menu for the set up. I assume it has one....just unsure of how to get to it. I looked through the owners manual and it doesnt mention anything about the dvd player.

this remote is p/n VPYLAF-18T812-AC/15762535

also in my searches online i never see a review mention that this 2002 model plays over the speakers. only on the "slick" wireless headphones as one site so fondly called them.

is it possible that gm didnt make this option do that in 02? anybody else with an 02 got any input for the dvd playing option?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
Found this in the manual:

Audio Output
Audio from the RSE system DVD player or auxiliary inputs may only be heard through the following possible sources:

Wireless infrared headphones
Vehicle wired headphone jacks on the overhead console
Also looks like the wiring for that unit is just power/ground/turn on everything is self contained. So if someone found a junked one and wanted to add it wouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found this in the manual:

Also looks like the wiring for that unit is just power/ground/turn on everything is self contained. So if someone found a junked one and wanted to add it wouldn't be a big deal.
Awesome, guess that finally answers that question....thanks:thx

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since it was answered that the dvd player cannot play over the stock speaker set up i just left it alone for a while. I never have anyone watching movies with me anyway so it wasnt a big deal. However i enjoy listening to some of my favorite movies on longer drives so i had a speaker just plugged into the wired headphone jack. I left the screen flipped up almost closed. Figured it would look kinda odd with my screen down playing something with nobody in the back..... anyway....

got the chance to try out one of the fm transmitters a week or two ago and decided thats the answer for me. Ive heard mixed reviews and opinions on this forum about them but i didnt think it was that bad. I used a 10-12 buck Belkin Tunecast. There was a little static on some channels but over all the little bugger did a great job.

i decided to go for the next model up though, the tunecast 2 which was about 20 bucks. It allows you to choose from most all stations to pick a clearer one. it will auto find a clear station, then you can program the best stations. it also came with a car plug in, instead of running off the batteries all the time.

just decided to add this to finalize this thread if anyone still cared :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking into this also since we picked up our truck over a year ago.
Never thought of the FM Transmitter tho,will give it a try.:thx

DLG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for bringing up a REALLY old thread, but in case it comes up again, I wanted to give a little insight on why you can't play the audio through the speakers. The 02 and 03 models came with a different brand system than 04+. In 04, they began using the Panasonic DVD RSE, which I believe allowed the audio to be run through the stereo.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has more information, please correct me if I stated anything wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone else who has this year and model with the same problem turn your vehicle radio to channel 89.1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts