Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear wiper has recently stopped working.

I took the rear panels off the hatch and looked over the wiring. All was intact. Opened the arm drive casing (black cover) and gears looks good. Looked over small PC board and no visible failed components. All connections looked solid. Still no wiper arm movement.

Key note - You can hear the relay "click" back on the motor control box when I turn on the wiper with the switch on the dash. And you hear it click again when I turn the switch off.

Has anyone seen this same issue? Does it sound like a bad motor?

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Same Problem

I have the same problem. The washer fluid will pump, and for a short while, the wiper would work when the center button was pushed. (Three swipes). All other functions (1,2,3) do not cause the wiper to move. Again, even the center button does nothing now.

I suspect the wiring as I had the dealer fix one of the wires about a rear ago when the tailgate lock, rear door locks were inop.

I checked the wires, they seemed a bit kinked but not damaged. I noticed the white connecter on the body side. How hard would it be to replace the wring harness from the connector to the inside of the tailgate?

I also downloaded the manual (Thank you sir!) and see there is a test procedure to use a scan tool to verify that there communication with the BCM and TGM.

Anybody have a recommendation for a USB/OBDII cable/software combo that would allow me to do this?

Especially if I can do it with a MAC/Unix. (But I can come down to a windows level if I have to.)

Thanks Guys!

·
Banned
136 Posts
Vizsla
Create an accont on GMTNation.com and ask the same question there. All of the guru's have moved to that site due to the horrible postings by GM trolls like below, the site regulations from the corporate oversites and the slow site reponse due to the ads.

You can also do a search for information about the hatch wiring harness on here and how to troubleshoot it.

But in all seriousness I would just post the question on the other site and someone like the roadie will help in no time flat.

The washer fluid will pump,
I am a GM technician. You need a new wiper motor, pump, actuator, controller, and wire harness.
Really are you even a GM Tech.. you are telling this person to just go a replace everything that controls a rear wiper when it could be just one component of all of those things.

Until you look in person or test the components you have no idea what to replace. I mean why would she replace the pump when she says that it works.

Can't you just stop making poor suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gm tech my butt

Thanks Walter.

I thought the same thing about the pump.

I'm guessing that Tony267 most likely still lives in Mom's basement with lots of Kleenex under the bed.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
71 Posts
I have the same problem, only to a slightly higher degree. Hatch locks, defrost, wiper, washer fluid are all inop right now. Truck also doesn't "know" that the hatch is open- lights don't turn on, and indicator doesn't tell me that the hatch is open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roggie

Roggie: About a year ago, I had no rear door locks or tailgate lock. That was when the dealer patched a wire up in the corugated boot. I would replace the harness but it is a $130 or $240 part depending on wether you have the five wire or 6 wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts