Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,736 Posts
If it's 4WD, I'll give you $1000 for it, and even come get it... :D (ETA: even with non-working 4WD, I'll give you a grand for it :D )

Really, though... get an engine from a junkyard TB and have it put in... They can be had for $600-700 all day long, and you probably know somebody who will do it for $3-400, or a shop will do it for $600, I'd guess... I've never paid anybody to do anything other than alignment and changing tires, so I don't know, but I'd hope an R&R with a direct-swap engine would be less than $750...

ETA: www.car-part.com and you can search for parts at junkyards in your area...

Mike

3,736 Posts
Thanks for the answers...
I am going to try to find a used motor or just sell it as is. I just didnt know what i would be looking at price wise for a motor or what i should expect to get for it if i was to sell it as is. I am glad i can get some good answers on this board!
Well, while the $1000 offer stands, and my post above gives a ballpark for fixing the engine issue, you can generally figure kbb private party value in 'good' shape, minus what a shop would charge to fix what's wrong with it...

$5100 (assuming an LS trim model) minus $1500-2500 for the engine, minus whatever a shop would charge to fix the 4wd, which could be anywhere between $50 and $1500, depending on what's wrong...

... Or at least that's what I figure when buying something... If you can get more, go for it...

Mike

3,736 Posts
Sounds like a PERFECT candidate vehicle for a straight axle install.

Send it my way. We'll slide in a 350 and play around with the suspension some... :woot:
Actually, that's what I was thinking... I'm looking for something that I can get for the $1000 range (with a straight frame, and reasonably straight body), and do a SAS with it...

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.