Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,051 Posts
Why do you believe it needs to be replaced?

Codes?

Year-Make-Model-Engine Size first,

then post the OBD2 codes that sent you in this repair-direction ....​

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,347 Posts
There are no replaceable throttle body sensors of any kind on a 2002 with the 4.2 L engine. If the throttle position sensor or idle air control valve goes bad, the entire throttle body is replaced.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer
2 Posts
There are no replaceable throttle body sensors of any kind on a 2002 with the 4.2 L engine. If the throttle position sensor or idle air control valve goes bad, the entire throttle body is replaced.
i replaced my throttle body and it still not working now it says its the internal control module position how do i fix that

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

First off, what caused you to replace the throttle body? Second, what OBDII diagnostic codes are present. Third, which engine are you working on, and finally, make sure all the electrical connections are seated properly.

One more thing - what brand of throttle body did you purchase?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer
2 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

First off, what caused you to replace the throttle body? Second, what OBDII diagnostic codes are present. Third, which engine are you working on, and finally, make sure all the electrical connections are seated properly.

One more thing - what brand of throttle body did you purchase?
po60e code 4.2 motor the cheapest brand on throttle body

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
As Ravalli said, get a real one. Get one of these - GM Genuine/ACDelco, Standard Motor Products/BWD, or Delphi. Cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

Also, you should read this as it explains all that is involved in tracking down the cause of a P060e DTC:

Remember, a DTC is a diagnostic code. It does not tell you that a given part is defective. It tells you that there is a problem with a circuit or a system involving that part.

Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts