Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ SWB 4.2 I6 4WD that i bought March 2016 with 211,XXX miles. The transmission was rebuilt 1 time that I am aware of before purchase(approx 27,000 miles before I bought it). The transmission failed in less than 3k miles after purchase. It was replaced with a 2003 transmission with 78k miles(from junkyard). The transmission worked great for a couple of months. Last week I was backing out of a driveway, and reverse felt weak. Few moments later it blows the transmission dipstick out, along with a quart of fluid and all the sudden no reverse at all, I still have all forward gears. The fluid levels were good checked a week prior to incident. What I am trying to find out is if the existing transmission is a easy/cheap fix and an idea of cost, My alternative is I found another replacement transmission cheap. He has 2 transmissions from similar vehicles: 2004 TB 4WD, and 2008 Envoy 4WD. Can I use the 2008 transmission, if so does it have any benefits over the 2004. I do not really have $3,000 to spend on a transmission with a good warranty as I am still making payments on the car. Please help me!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts