Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 tb lt i just had the engine replaced runs great starts up better then before and my technition said .... theres a crack in the muffler is that a easy task would it cost alot to fix right now my car sounds like a golf cart from 0-50mph after that i can barley hear it but having this for a long period of time is bad i assume what will it cost to fix ?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Muffler is easy. Exhaust manifold is tougher. Nobody here can give you a price quote. If it's the exhaust manifold, it's possible that your local mechanic should have replaced it when they did your engine, since it's zero additional labor. Did they mention it at all? If it's a muffler issue, you need a competent and honest muffler shop to look at it and give you a quote. It may be weldable - it may need a new one. No way for members of an internet forum to predict.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
250 Posts
Muffler cracked or Exhaust manifold cracked?

Exhaust manifold crack is common.

I paid about 900 when it was replaced.

GM part only and 3 bolts broke when he tried to remove the old one.

I guess you could do it yourself if you have all the tools and ability to remove broken bolts.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I'm on my second engine now I just got it back yesterday runs fine I'm checking oil and power steering daily for a couple weeks
And and this place I took it to is a joke i payed 4500 for a engine install junkyard one and not even a month later had massive oil problems and the try was telling me it's my fault and stuff and I payed another 650 for this second one for just labor and it's been redicilous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts