Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this thing is driving me nuts! :crazy:

I've done lots of research, read tons of threads, I know similar stuff has happened quite a bit, but I wanted to make a post and see if anyone has any particular suggestions.

My instrument cluster in a 2002 Trailblazer LT is going goofy on me. Tach and Speedo always work. I have power/lights to it, but the Gas, Oil, Engine Temp, and Voltage are either all okay, or all pegged at 0.

Starts and runs okay, ignition switch was just replaced in an effort to solve this thing. If it's a stepper motor it seems weird that it's only sometimes, and weird that all 4 are out at the same time.

I had it idling yesterday, sitting in the drivers seat pondering things with the door open. Gauges were at 0 again. I heard what sounded like the whirr of the fuel pump (car was running) and when I looked back all my gauges were functional, I had fuel, temp, oil, and voltage indications.

Gut says it feels like a bad connection somewhere, but there was no wiggling or anything that would have made it go from not working, to working.

Should I replace the stepper motors on those 4 instruments? Replace the entire instrument cluster? or do you think it's a short/bad ground elsewhere in the system?

Side question: What are the chances of passing DEQ with a partially functional instrument cluster

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
I have this same problem

Any Ideas would be great. I replaced ignition and instrument panel, panel worked for a short while, now no gas, oil, temp, volts... Brake light on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts