Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am a newbe here.I have an 02 TB that I am going to replace the ing.switch on tommorrow.It has tilt.I have the steering post covers off,bottom of dash off.I know I have to dis arm the bag,remove neg.cable,I could use some help from there!Don't have $400 to give the dealer,hard enough to come up with $100 for the switch.Ain't this economy great?
I am glade you folks are here to help.Thanks in advance,Pat
E-mail [email protected]

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome. Please search for the many threads that have installation instructions, some of them with pics.

Too bad you didn't find trailvoy first. You would have read that the ignition switch is available in the aftermarket for about $27.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: AND :tiphat Welcome :tiphat AND When you get a chance fill in your User CP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
02 TB ing switch

I located afermarket for non tilt for $29.....Tilt the best was $89+s&h

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
IIRC ALL trailvoys have tilt wheels. In any event, the part number listed in my sources is GM 12450251 or an AC Delco equivalent.

What part number did you buy, and from whom did you get it? If they're listing the wrong item, you may not be able to install it, or they're ripping people off.

Either way, let us help track down the issue to help everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ing.switch installation 02 TB

Thanks for the reply....I have not bought one yet.The price I got from Kragen for it was $91.99 Standard Motor Products Ignition Switch#US343.Where should I be getting mine?
Thanks in advance,Pat

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
268 Posts
for 2002 tb rock auto lists the part as standard motor products#us331 and the price is $ 25.79 .....rockauto.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information.I will head down to Kragen with this part number.Then I will come back to this site to look for illustrated installation instructions.Thank you all very much!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Where should I be getting mine?
Anywhere but that idiot at Kragen. They gave you the part number for the BLAZER (or S10) around model year 2000. Goofs.

Finding trailvoy is going to immediately save you $60 and a wasted hour of frustration of buying the wrong part.

Now just find a competent parts store that can look up TRAILBLAZER instead of BLAZER and you should obtain an AC Delco ACD1426D switch that should fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
02 TB ignition switch

Man,you called that!I just called them and they told me the us331 was for non tilt and was not available.Only the us343(w/[email protected]$100)I will call around for a AC Delco dealer.Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
02 TB ing switch

Just wanted to take a minute and thank every one here.Got it installed(had to reposition the gear a couple times)and it was a snap!$34 and 30minutes and were golden!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
02 TB ignition switch

Hi Everyone!
I am back.As I mentioned earlier,I thought I sucessfully replaced my ignition switch.Took a couple trys to get it positioned in the gear right.The first couple of times,when I had the key in the "off"position,the lites on the dash remained lit.On the third time,dash litghts went out,car started and my wife drove around for two days.This am,battery is dead.I charged the batery,noting the red battery symbol was lit.I turned the key "off"and back "on"and started it and let it run.I turned it "off" and the red battery light was off.Is there a chance I still do not have the switch positioned correctly? Again,thanks in advance!Pat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
02 TB ignition switch

Well,I discovered I did not have the switch lined up properly.The batt lite(with the key out)would go off by rotating the switch counterclockwise(this is just the "playin the switch)and go on rotated to the right.So apart it will come and I will take another shot at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts