Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having serious issues with my air ride suspension on my 2002 Envoy. The pump went out severa months ago...I have just replaced the pump but after replacing the pump, it seems the vehicle doesn't recognize the new pump. I have checked the fuse which is ok. I also checked the light on the switch for the compressor hose which is located in the rear hatch compartment. The light doesn't come on when the switch is depressed. Is there anyway you can reset the system, or is there electrical problems that I'm not aware of. Any help would be great...I'm begining to become very frustrated.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
You should pull and replace the ECAS fuse in the underhood fuse block, regardless of how it looks.

When my compressor went bad one of the times, it did the same thing. The fuse looked fine, but I replaced it anyways and then it worked. Got the fuse to the garage and it was a very clean break near the edge where, at first glance, I didnt see.

Also make sure all connections are tight on the compressor and have "clicked" (i.e. locked on).

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the ECAS 30amp fuse with no luck and have checked and double checked the connections on the pump. I have taken the pump off so many times now, I could probably do it in my sleep.

Does anyone else have any suggestions. I'm delaying taking the vehicle into the dealership as long as possible. I have also checked the orange hot wire coming to the pump which shows I have juice...can't figure out what the heck the problem could be.

Any additional help would be great!!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Defective pump?

Mine blew a few fuses before it bought the farm. I replaced the pump and fuse and life was good.

Since you've already replaced the fuse and have + at the wire harness, I'd suspect a bad pump.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have replaced the pump...brand new out of the box. Just had it shipped earlier in the week. I'm about ready to give up after I pull out all of my hair.

Thanks for the replies...

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK...I found the problem. Prior to installing the new pump I had checked the hot lead (this was awhile back). Well, I just rechecked the hot lead coming to the pump and found I have an open in the Air Suspension Compressor Assembly ground circuit.

Now the problem is located, I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have an 02 that i just replaced the compressor in, the auxillery works like new, but it won't come on to raise the truck, any suggestions on why?
The leveling sensor may be bad...other than that I have no idea. I would check the wires coming into the compressor...thats where I found I had an open circut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.