Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but couldn't find anything. I have an 02 envoy with stock chrome rims like the picture of the voy in the top right corner of the screen. I just bought the car off my aunt and i was disappointed to find the the rims are kinda turning yellow for some reason. Can anyone recommend me anything that i could use to try and clear them up and get that yellow off?

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
sorry, but if you want a nice custom clean look, you can always paint them.....black looks pretty sweet!!! Unless you want to try to buff them out, but I'm not sure if that will take the yellow away or not.

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
I've got the same deal. I remember reading on here a while ago about the 02 Envoy wheels, but cannot find the specific thread. Basically, it was the protective clearcoating used on those wheels for the polished aluminum that gives it the yellow or gold tinting. It was only used on for the 2002 model year and phased out afterwards. I'll keep looking to see if I can find that thread.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
I have the stock Envoy rims on my '02. I think the one in the pis at the top is a Denali. Anyway, my fronts turn yellowish but it is from disc brake brake dust and comes off with just a washing.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
my neighbor has a 02 envoy and rims have turned a yellowish gold color too,,and no it dosent come off:duh:It must of just been a bad run of wheels that year:worried:,,kinda like the spot of clearcoat i found on mine flaking off! maybe its a 05 thing for cc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.