Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally got the new rims in, I should have went to 18's instead of the stock 17's but Oh Well 18+ is out of the question.

Wheels Verde Diamonds 17inch tires Bridgestone Dueler 245/65
I got the rims at www.performanceplustire.com as far as I am concerned really cheap at $160 each. Tires were $120 each. I needed 2 tires anyhow and it had the $190 All Terrain Michellins on it, NOT ANYMORE!

I removed the large side molding and was going to install the 06+ look of the thin Chrome but I got a better idea since I hate being a sheep in the heard I am yanking out the dull silver trim off the larger trim and I will be replacing that with 2 inch Chrome side molding. Which can be obtained very cheaply at http://www.autoamenity.com/Body-Molding/Body-Side-Molding.htm
$80 for more than enough usually comes in 2 uncut sets.

When that arrives I will post pics of the new look.
Yes that is Dirt all over the truck, I have a crazy digital camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad looking. You know, you could've gotten a set of SS take offs for what you paid for the 17's. Even some aftermarket packages will sell for less than a grand in 20''
Who is selling SS take offs that cheap? I saw someone else mention it and ask. I don't think my daughter would have opted for that but still good info for the future! heh

anyone else replace the dull metal band with chrome? I should have the chrome in about 5 days hopefully it all goes smooth and I will have a unique look.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be a **** but, I would much rather have stock Envoy rims than those. Those are just hideous.. :m2:
Wasn't my choice!
But when the subject of new rims came up it was all thumbs up because the stock gmc rims are hideous.

They don't work for the chrome look they don't work for the black out look they don't work with a fox they don't work in a box.

They should have just put the chrome denali ones on all the Envoys.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
02 Envoy Side Molding Project and new rims + Denali Grill

Ok Grill to Denali update is DONE, crappy cellphone pic for the grill but you can still see the mirrorness...
Side molding got the Chrome in, installed it but I need a hot day to install the molding as I dont want it falling off and I'm not doing the heatgun thing aight....

Flexalite Efan is next also LED work over coming soon.......

Oh the stupid right clip on the bottom of the grill snapped off the car and the left one is cracked... WOW what an awesome idea they had there....... so i drilled to little holes on the right side and jammed in thick pieces of hangar to make a clip. better than original...... and hey who doesn't have several hangars in their trunk for a quick on the road fix???? I learned that lesson many moons ago! hangars duct tape screw the tow truck! heh

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I have finished modifying the side Molding and once again changed my mind on something. I did not use the flashier chrome lettering I had purchase and instead yanked out the original emblem of the ugly brushed metal innner strips.

I think it looks pretty damn good.... crap I forgot I was going to put a chunk of cheese on the side step for the cheesers.....

One picture doesnt have the ENVOY on yet.....
Oooops my 87 Thunderbird under its tarp in the reflection! It only has 250,000 miles on it and a cracked head ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chrome Sport tubes!!!!! :raspberry
WHO SELLS THEM THOUGH!!!!
I tried to get the westin sport tubes months ago but all the online people that show them in stock dont have them! When I called to ask WTF they all told me they were disco'd dont have them cant get them!!! GRRR stop showing you have them in stock then!! blah!

or are you referring to the hanging out tubes?
I have to get the damn front mud flaps on if I replace those side steps the front tires spray the whole damn side of the truck!!! blah

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moldings look good!:thumbsup:
thanks ;)

Oh I forgot to mention it wasnt as easy as it seems!!!
The center strip is exactly 2inches........ MOSTLY for some odd annoying reason halfway down the main strip they slightly tapered it to just under 2inches. the original insert maintains its width I believe.
so anyhow where it starts to taper I have to shave off some of the strip so it would fit. that was perfectly fine because this chrome strip I bought has abot 1/4 inch total of clear edging around it, so it isnt even noticeable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts