Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys...I'm new to the board and hope someone can help me out. I own a 2002 Envoy.....

So we were driving back from our vacation and while going uphill at about 60 (w/ cruise control on), the check engine light flashed a few times and went off(along with the cruise control). The car didn't stop but stuttered a tad bit. I tried putting it into cruise again but nothing. I was able to finish the 2-hour drive with only one more instance of the flashing CEL, which went off. After getting home, I called a friend to bring his diagnostics doo-hickey to check it out and everything came back clear. Later that day, we took her for a ride and was able to put the car in cruise again. It's been a week and no CEL's or cruise problems, but since then, I've had a shaky idle and it takes a little more acceleration to get her going. I popped the hood today and saw the engine shaking, with a clicking noise coming from the top of the engine. I'm short on cash (like everyone it seems) and would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!!!

BTW, I just had the throttle repaired 3 months ago and I don't think that's the issue, as these symptoms are very different than what those were.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatWelcome to the site! First off, I don't know enough about your problem to help, but I am confidant that someone will be along shortly that will be able to! Don't feel neglected as sometimes it takes a while for the right knowledgeable person to log on.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
270 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the Forum!!

Next: If you would, Fill out your User CP and be sure to include make, engine size, 4x4 or 2x4 and any modifications you might have, It will help us in getting you a diagnosis quicker...

Again, Welcome:tiphat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
175 Posts
:)
I hade this happen with a 99 Tahoe I owned previously.

Turned out to need new oxygen sensors. This should through a code though. Something like a miss in bank #1 or #2.
I’m not saying this is your problem, it just sound familiar. My 2 cents

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Welcome to the site :thumbsup:

Before we can help you (and we will), we need to know the code that was set in the PCM when the Check Engine Light came on.

Take the truck to a parts store and they will retrieve the code and suggest a repair (with parts of course).

Get the code, or codes, and report back here before you buy any parts.

We can help :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.