Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my oil pump in my Envoy due to getting low oil pressure messages on the dash. I have changed the oil pressure sensor and this did not fix the problem. I would like to get instructions on how to replace the pump if that is possible. Does anyone here have the manual? Thanks.
Nick

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
First I would have the oil pressure checked with a mechanical gauge. There are manuals at G M T Nation.com ( no spaces ) hosted by member "mooseman".
Although I have never replaced an oil pump on a 4.2, I would think it would be labour intensive, especially if it's a 4WD model.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never tested the pressure, but obviously there is somethin wrong. I replaced the pressure sensor and the problem came back. it only does it when you come to a stop and it starts to idle. If you give it gas it goes away, so without checking the actual pressure I suspect it is the pump. The Envoy has about 220,000 miles on it and the pump is original so it wouldn't surprise me that the pump is actually bad. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
5 Posts
I had the same oil pressure issue with my 5.3L, and replacing the oil pump fixed it. Pretty labor intensive, and I had to borrow a tool from Autozone to remove the harmonic balancer.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Does anyone know the part number of the oil pump replacement for the 05 chevy trailblazer 4.2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts