Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New problem and don't know where to start looking.

I moved the drivers seat all the way back for me and the wife went to get in it 2 days later in the 02 envoy xl and it wouldn't move forward.

The seat bottom moves up and down, the lumbar works, the seat back moves back and forth. I just cant get the seat to move forward and just here a clicking sound when I hit the switch to move it forward.

So would someone please tell me where to start looking. Thanks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If you hear clicking (especially if you also see slight light dimming), then the switch control and the motor are probably working. A couple of members have reported mechanical issues with the track or debris blocking movement. Try getting under there with a flashlight and flat screwdriver to clear out the track or remove anything that fell into place that could be interfering.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
100 Posts
Looked for debris in the tracks, nothing.

So tried the hammer tapping on the rear of tracks while flipping the switch to go forward, nothing.

Took a screwdriver and looked where the 2 silver rods go inside the tracks in the front and pried upward while flipping switch, viola it started moving forward.

Got the seat repositioned for the short 5 foot driver, now I am scared to get in it and set it for my 6' 2" seat position, fearing it will get stuck again :duh:.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Now that you know how to fix it: Move the seat as far back as it will go. Try moving it forward again. Put a piece of wood in the track long enough to keep the seat from going back to where it gets stuck. Or just keep the screwdriver in the truck.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
hammer tap worked

I have a 2004 Envoy SLT and the hammer tap did the trick! Thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts