Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to apologize if there's already a thread that answer this question i'm about to ask.If so, link it up.
So obviously i have an 02 chevy trailblazer.. Smart me gets the whole dash taken apart and everything unhooked, then realizes i need a wire harness connector.All the places i looked didnt have them.Good vibrations DID have them.. 100bux. Seems outrageous to me after already paying 220 for the stereo. He stated it was because the little beeper for like leaving lights on, keys in (annoying chime) And the radio are not going to work because its all computerized and i need this special lil adapter thing now. Is there ANY other kind of adapter that will work on my car that won't be 100 bucks? I don't care to not have that stupid little chime. Ive saw some "universal" ones but of course the make of car i have is not listed on them. Any ideas? Help? Maybe please.
Thank you:confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
If you want it done properly, you need a GM Class 2 Data Bus harness. You can get them on eBay for $40ish.

If you want to do extra work, you can use a $10-15 harness... But you'll also need either a relay or add-a-fuse ($8-10) and some t-taps and wire.

Personally, I think the proper harness is worth it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
Alright (sorry for so many questions)
So based on what i've read it needs to be an accessory fuse that does not use power when the car is off correct? (Example windshield wipers?)
sorry i missed your reply

Correct, the radio would need a switched power source that is not available in the head unit wire harness. There is a source under the drivers side of the dash, pm me for additional details.:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i just called the stereo place "pro car stereo" and they wouldn't even tell me if they sold it so I could buy it because they say the computerized thing also controls the airbags and people who have been doing it this way have had the airbags go off randomly or like after a wreck happens.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
So i just called the stereo place "pro car stereo" and they wouldn't even tell me if they sold it so I could buy it because they say the computerized thing also controls the airbags and people who have been doing it this way have had the airbags go off randomly or like after a wreck happens.
have them write up a detailed explanation of this, and post it on here. i could use some lolz.

sounds like they are trying to upsell a gmrc-01 or one of the gmos harnesses

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
221 Posts
I recall same BS with my 03 Cav Z24 I had a shop wouldn't install anything unless you used this stupid expensive harness and when you would call to say I just want the standard nothing special they wouldn't sell it for "Legal" reason that if something happened it "could" fall back on them...This was your typical big box BB and FS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.