Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows of anyway to lock the AWD on the AWD models. Their is not a selection switch like the 4x4's but I am not sure why my AWD seems to never engage when it should be considering my vehicle is sliding all over the place in the snow. Could this be a sensor problem? I am not sure but there are no trouble codes being thrown. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
205 Posts
might be encoder motor

on my wife's 02 bravada it ended up being the encoder motor.i don't know about locking it in 4wd though. i'm pretty sure you would have to get a new transfer case, one that has the three or four different gears. good luck getting your awd working.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Awhile back, I had several trips to the dealer because the control module for the front differential was bad. Dealer replaced it twice and did a drain and fill on the front case. I am not sure if the encoder motor was changed. But I will have to check. If not I will go buy one and give it a try. I figure it can't hurt. At the very least, I am not getting any additional drag or worse econ with it engaging or engaged. But some else said it best, why did I pay for it if it doesn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts