Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Bravada with AWD. I don't think it ever worked since I bought it but didn't know until it snowed. Took it to a reputable trans shop and they found that the transfer case motor was shot and that a couple wires from the TCCM to the transfer case were bare and rubbing at the firewall. That seemed to fix it.....until the next day !
I backed it into a snowbank (on purpose) and the back wheels just spun with no power at the front wheels. I was [email protected]#$!
Today I put it into a snow-covered lot and the AWD worked fine, until I got it stuck in the snow. I put it into reverse and forward a few times and the AWD stopped working. I shut it off and started it up again thinking that the TCCM needed resetting but that didn't fix it. Later in the day I tried again and it seemed ok...again.
I will be taking it back to the shop the get them to scan it again and see what codes are there. The warning light on my dash isn't working so I don't know if there is a "warning" or not.
Also, after the repair, I notice a lot more "clunking" as I'm slowing to a stop. Not sure if this is normal or not since I was driving it all this time with a bad transfer case. I also notice a winning noise from the front end sometimes now too.

I guess my question is this....is there any info/instructions on the Versatrack AWD? Am I doing something wrong, is it acting normal? There is little or no info in the owners manual and almost as little in the Chilton manual.

Love this web site....keep it up !

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
12 Posts
sounds like the servo motor for the AWD. Had this happen to me also. I had is replaced 3 times with an aftermarket. After I got a GM part in I haven't had an issue.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the encoder motor was bad and was replaced but that still didn't fix it. The trans shop found that a couple wires through the firewall were rubbing and might have even taken out the motor.
NOW the AWD is engaged most of the time when it shouldn't be. When this happens it makes all sorts of funky sounds and lurches when slowing to a stop.
I took it to a GM dealer since the trans shop that I took it to seemed like they were "learning as they go" with this AWD. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong....no codes or anything.
My next thing will be the speed sensors I guess, unless someone has a better idea. I'm sick of spending $100 per visit to be told that they can't find anything wrong.
Is there an easy way to check the sensors without a Tech II ?
Or anything else I should be looking at ?

Thanks all !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts